- I understand that a number of haters - two in particular - have gleefully relied upon Messrs. Lemire and Klatt as sources to viciously defame a good man.
Would you regard two notorious supporters of neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups as "experts" in anything? Of course not. Only a hateful fool would do such a thing.
(He adds details about Bernard Klatt's background here.)
Jonathan Kay, having repeated Klattt's allegations, tried to retract them. When challenged by Ezra Levant, he explained:
- I took the post down when a more intelligent colleague of mine gave me some background about who Bernard Klatt is. Whatever Klatt may know about electronic sleuthing and the like, I didn't feel comfortable citing his affidavit as a source, even if all of the technical details in it are correct.
- Klatt's clunkers 1: Bernard Klatt given an award for tendentious testimony
- Klatt's clunkers 2: Bernard Klatt wrong on IE 6 date
- Klatt's clunkers 3: Bernard Klatt misreads the user agent string
- Klatt's clunkers 4: Bernard Klatt mistakes the combined log format for the common log format
- Klatt's clunkers 5: Bernard Klatt doesn't recognize RealPlayer browser
- Klatt's clunkers 6: Bernard Klatt on Rogers service in BC
- Klatt's Clunkers 7: Bernard Klatt doesn't understand Rogers web caching
- Klatt's Clunkers 8: Bernard Klatt comes close on proxies
- Klatt's Clunkers: why Bernard Klatt should be disbelieved (summary thread)