- The blog had to be partisan.
- The blog had to be active.
- The blogger had to have a blog of his/her own.
Taube is offering only ten top lefty-blogs, rather than the fifteen from the right (where his reading is wider). So I offer him five more that are worthy of inclusion.
- Dr. Dawg's Blawg — Dr. D. and Marie-Ève have some of the best writing in the Canadian internet, and they are consistently perspicacious, expressive, independent, and (a rarity among political bloggers) consistent. I read it everyday. Sometimes twice. So should you.
- A BCer in Toronto — Jeff is up-to-date, concise, and intelligent.
- Canadian Cynic — a guilty pleasure of many, including me. He's rarely fair and often foul, but loads of fun.
- Red Tory v. 3.0 — is what you'd get if you were to cross Dr. Dawg and Canadian Cynic: snarky like CC; smart like Dawg.
- Daveberta.ca — he had to deny stealing Ed Stelmach's personality some time back — how many bloggers can say that!